Southland Academy's mission is to provide a firm foundation on which each student can build a strong mind, body, and spirit.
1. Students should be challenged to reach their highest potential in academics, sports, and the arts.
2. Each individual learns best when engaged in activities such as critical thinking, problem solving, and
decision making in all curriculum areas.
3. Students should be expected to accept responsibility and are held accountable for their actions.
4. The educational process should be the cooperative effort of students, teachers, families, and community
5. Physical and social activities provide opportunities for interaction, recreation, health awareness, and
6. Promoting citizenship in our school and our community helps instill pride and respect in our students.
7. A Christian atmosphere establishes moral guidelines and promotes strong character.
8. Learning is a continuous process.
9. A safe and orderly environment promotes student learning.
10. A manageable teacher-student ratio allows students to reach their maximum potential in the classroom.
11. Students will be given the opportunity to use contemporary technology to enhance their education.
Southland Academy aspires to prepare its students for life through a rigorous academic environment that emphasizes Christian principles and utilizes current educational practices.